Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving


Hello.... I heard that there is snow in Utah... jealous.. haha no but this week was pretty chill. There are always some days when you get feeling down because of things that happen in the mission but the only thing that you can do is just keep swimming. Its hard when people make promises to you and then break them. You have no idea how many times that happens on the mission. Its like the people are to scared to say no so they just say yes knowing that they won’t do it. That's how you know that you have a great investigator. If they do the things that you ask, they are interested.  It has been hard for my comp and I to get help from the ward. We only have 4 families in our area and they are always busy. It’s tough sometimes.

Well something awesome happened this past week. One day we were leaving one of our lessons. We were walking past a house that we have walked passed a thousand times but have never seen the people who live there. As I was walking by I saw a woman in the front yard. I just said hello and kept on walking. As we kept on going I just had the strongest impression to go talk to her. We were in the next lesson and the only thing that I could think about was why I felt like this. After that lesson I told my comp that we have to go to that house and talk to them. We got there and found an older lady out front. We just started talking to her about chikinguya.. then she let us in after talking for a little. We walked in the house where we met the lady that I had seen before. We sat down and just started talking. After talking awhile we found out that one of her sons had passed away a month ago. When I heard that its like the spirit completed something in my heart. I knew that we were led there to teach the plan of salvation. I felt so blessed to have been influenced be the spirit that way. We shared with them a few days later and they are showing great interest.


On Monday we had a little B day party for my comp with Brenda and her family. It was a good week. I love my mission and all of the hard times it had. Its the hard thinks that make you stronger. I love you all and wish you a happy thanksgiving!
luv Elder Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment