Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Come Unto Christ



This week was a pretty fun one. Lots of weird things went down... Well last week we started giving English classes in the church. The teacher is a member in the ward. I go to help him out. It is sad... My English is terrible.. I am forgetting lots of things. It is also pretty hard for me to talk to someone that is learning English. I cant talk to them with my Utahan accent. I have to talk more formal, so I sound like a weeny when I talk.. 

Also last week we went to this referral's  house. We walked in and the first thing he did was sit us down, grab his flute and try to play a hymn song... He tried to play Angels we have heard on high..... It sounded like Squidwards clarinet.... Haha so awkward. 

It has been raining super hard down here. For the first time in my mission I felt the temp. at like 60 degrees. Everyone was dying... haha I loved it though. My comp and I also had a little bonding time together. We made a cake the other day. Although we didn't have everything we needed we improvised pretty well, and in the end it turned out pretty good. 

We also had a cool experience on Saturday with the international service day. We went to like an addiction recovery home. It was cool to talk to these guys who are trying to change their lives. I have seen a lot of them out in the street selling things, but I didn't know why they were doing it. Being out in the city selling things helps them talk to new people and helps their communication skills. 

Last Sunday was a wonderful day. The Polanco family, our newer converts all got up and bore their testimony. I got up right after them and bore my testimony of why I am here on the mission. My purpose is to invite people and their families to come unto Christ. The spirit was so strong. There are so many wonderful things that happen on the mission. I have been so blessed to have been able to meet so many people down here. I love you all so much and feel the blessings from your prayers every day. 

Love Elder Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment