Sunday, November 23, 2014

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...



Well this week was a pretty chill one. Things are still going good in my area. Its tough sometimes but I love the members in my area. Everyone is starting to set up for Christmas.  Its nothing like it is in the states. They usually just buy one strand of lights and put it around the window.. I was super excited to find a tree set up in one of our less actives house. They don't have thanksgiving here so pretty much after Halloween they are ready for Christmas.... which is ironic because they don't really celebrate Christmas ether... 

Well I got some awesome news that Brenda, my convert, is going to be called as President of the single adults! haha Just three weeks after her baptism! She is so strong, I love it! 

This week we had a conference with all of the zones in Santiago. There were 120 missionaries in the same spot. It was fun for me to see some of my friends that I haven't seen for awhile.The sister missionaries in my district are awesome! They are such hard workers and are really helping the ward get excited about missionary work. On Monday I went on splits with one of my zone leaders in my zone. We were walking to one of our appointments later that night. I saw my gangster friends and went up to say hi to them. Then all of the sudden like three girls came out. They started freaking out about how we were Americans. I shook one of their hands and she wouldn't let go... I was like this is awkward.. Then she asked if we had girlfriends, then my zone leader told them that we were married and made up fake names... haha the thing is that it happens all of the time to any American... its sad to see how lost some people are in the world. People work all day and in the night, drink it all away.... But that is why the gospel is a blessing. It makes us free from all of the bad things in the world. Well there isn't a whole lot more going on. The mission is going by fast. I just hope that I am doing everything that I can to live up to my calling. I love you all so much!

Luv Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment