Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Fun Week with HEFY

On a side note, last night our doorbell rings.  Two darling girls are standing at the door.  Catie says to us "You don't know me but I met your son, Elder Morgan."  
We invited them in.  Catie Osborne and ? Brumm from Sandy, both attend Alta High. Catie spent the last 2 weeks with HEFY in Santiago, DR. The ward they were put with happens to be the ward Elder Morgan is serving in.  She told us he is so happy and looks healthy.  She delivered letters to us from him.  We had a great time talking to her and Ms. Brumm.  Elder Brumm returned home a month ago from the same mission.  He was the AP for the last 6 months.  This unexpected visit was the highlight of our week!
Tami



Hola todos! So this week was a pretty good one for me, full of lots of fun, stress, and success! The people of Tamboril are awesome! I have only been here for a few weeks and I already feel like I am family. This past week was full of activities with the youth of the ward, and the kids here for EFY.  It has been fun for me to have been able to meet these kids who are from Utah. They are having lots of fun learning about the culture here. Haha the other night there was a dance party in the church. My comp and I went to check it out. It was super funny to see all of the different cool and fancy ways Latinos dance. They have meringue, salsa, bachatadembo.  Haha then it came time for the Americans to dance and all they did was the classic American fist pump. Haha it was so legit! I was sitting in the corner feeling like I was in a cage watching all of them having so much fun dancing...#MISHUNLYFE  It was also super funny to see the reactions of the Utah kids to see how the Dominicans party... They brought in these huge speakers that shook the ground in the small chapel haha good times. 
We had some great lessons with great people. We have a family that we are teaching that have lots of potential. We had a FHE at their house, after the lesson they fed us so much food!! I could feel their love in my belly.. This week was a little stressful because I have been learning all of the District Leader business. I guess that it will come in time. 
I am always super tired for some reason. I think it is because there are so many hills that we walk every day. Its an awesome place though. I have has some great spiritual experiences with the investigators and less actives. I just hope that we can get them going! Well that's the short update of this week. I love you all so much!

luv Elder Morgan



 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment