Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Relationships




Well it seems like it was just yesterday when I wrote you about last week. This week was a good one for me. My comp and I both have gotten better from our sicknesses so it was a good week full of work. One of my favorite things about the mission is making new friends. 

It is so cool to see the change in relationships with the time. There have been so many times where we meet someone and by the way they act I judge them and say to myself "they are not going to progress" But all it takes is a few visits to gain their trust. We have been visiting this one family ever since I got to Tamboril. Every time we taught them it was going no where. Then one lesson we talked to them a little less about the gospel and a little more about their lives. I realized that we didn't have our trust. By the end of the night they invited us to have dinner with them two nights later. On Sunday we had dinner with them. It was so great we talked and talked and talked. Before we left they had invited us to another dinner night, lunch whenever we want in their house, and and a trip to some property that they have far away that is full of fruits and veggies. Haha I don't think we will be able to do that, but it was so cool to see how fast that we gained their trust. Honestly I have learned that trust is key in mission work, but more than trust its being a good friend and showing the person that you really care about them. 

This week alone we got to get really close with three other families. Life is so much better when you have friends and when you are a good friend to others. Although the mission has never been super easy, I am thankful for all of the things that it has taught me up until now. I am so glad that I have friends at home  and in all parts of the world who care about how I am doing. I love you all so much!! Thanks for everything!
Love Elder Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment