Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cigars


Well another crazy week has gone by. Well first of all, I have some crazy news, I got transferred to a new area. My new area is called Hato Mayor, it is still in Santiago and in the same zone as Tamboril. I was kind of bummed to have such little time in Tamboril. Even though I only had 6 weeks, I met and got close to lots of the members there. Change is never easy. It was hard for me last night saying my goodbyes to the people that I just got used to. Well President is a very wise man and will always respect his decisions.  My new area seems pretty cool. Also I am excited to be in the district that I am in. We got some good Elders here. I am happy to still have the chance to be DL, I still have many things to learn. The companion that I had was really having a hard time enjoying his mission. I think that he was just super homesick. Although it was one of my hardest transfers, I have learned so much from all of the hard times I had. I am happy to be here with my new comp. His name is Elder Simones and is from Haiti. I think that we are going to have a great time together.

So this last week I got to learn a lot about cigars... We took a tour through one of the factories where our friend works. It was cool to see the process that the tobacco went through to become a cigar. Haha I know this is a weird example but it is the same with us in this life. We start out as rough and ugly leaves. But after we have time and experience in our life we learn to accept the lords help or hand in our life to shape and form us in to the type of person that he wants to be. After a long process of having the lords hands work with us, we can be perfected. Just as the the ugly tobacco goes through the process to change into a perfect cigar. Now I am not saying that tobacco is good for you and all of that junk. It was just cool for me to see that whole process. I feel the same in my mission. I am now learning to accept the lords help in my life to help shape me into the man he wants me to be. I know all of this is random but that's all that's going on in my life. I love my mission and all of the wonderful people from the DR. I love and miss you all!
Love Elder Morgan 


No comments:

Post a Comment