Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New District Leader


What up y'all? Yeah so this week was super fun but stressful! As for the chicunguya.. I'm not sick anymore but still can feel the effects...I have no energy.  
Tamboril has been awesome. It is on the boarder of Santiago but isn't in Santiago. It is on a mountain side so it is kinda sucky to walk with so many hills but its okay because I need to loose some weight.. haha jk I'm not fat... This place is the tobacco capital of the DR. I get to smell it 24/7 here.. smells like Vegas. Haha everyone here also smokes, so I am guessing that I will be teaching the Word of Wisdom a ton. It has been a good experience meeting new people. 
Also I have to learn tons of new things being a new district leader... I had to go to like 4 meetings last week. I feel the same way as I did when I first got here.. The sisters in our district are so great. They are super hard workers and love everyone! They are teaching me a lot. My comp and I are doing great. He has told me so many stories about his life before the mish and the crazy things that he did. He is super smart and humble. He knows 7 languages and knows how to cook and clean and just about everything else haha. He cooks super weird food for me. He is not the type that does all of his food shopping at Walmart... He is more of the type who goes out and looks for it in the fields. He knows just about every plant and its uses. That's one of the fun parts of the mission is getting new comps and learning about their culture. 
The branch here is super great, and a little different than the ward that I had in Nagua. The members actually help the missionaries with the work haha. We have a super cool ward mission leader who is an RM. Every day gets better and better because I am gaining the trust of the members. I have already been stuffed full 5 times... They love the missionaries here. I have been so blessed to have been put here with my comp. I am grateful for so many things in the life, all of which God has given me. I love my mission and the gospel. I also luv u all so much!
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment