Thursday, July 17, 2014

Humanitarian Work


Well this week was a pretty good one for me. My comp and I are doing our best to work with our differences. Its not that we don't get along, its just that literally, we are different in every aspect. Haha it has been hard but good for me learning how to live with someone so different. He has a super big heart and wants to serve the lord with everything that he has got, but he is just to hard on himself. 
Monday was such a fun day for me. I got to translate for some doctors that came down from Utah, who are here to educate the kids and their parents a little bit more, cuz there are like 5 million ways to get sick down here. they had all different types of stations set up. there were stations to check eyes, teach about medicine, good hygiene, first aid and dental. I was doing the dental part. I got to teach the kids how to brush their teeth. Haha it was super funny because everyone here drinks way to much soda, so the lady that I was with came with a little example. She had cut out teeth from Styrofoam plates. She had two jars, one full of water and the other with nail polish remover with food coloring. So we told them that this is was happens to your teeth when you drink water, and dipped the tooth in the water, nothing happened. Then we said that this is what happens to your teeth in soda, and dipped the tooth in the "soda". When you do this the Styrofoam melts. Haha every time we did it, the kids and the parents had the funniest looks on their face. Haha the type of look that says " I am never going to drink soda ever again" Haha it was great. It was such a great experience for me to see how much humanitarian work helps other countries. 
The work for us here in Tamboril is going pretty good. We are working hard with the less actives. WE have some potential baptisms, but only time will tell. Well that's pretty much all that happens this week. I'm not sick anymore so that's good. Well thank you all for everything. I love you all so much!
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment