Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lost

September 4, 2014

What upp! It was another great fun filled week.- So to start, last Saturday I got to go back to my old area to see one of my investigators get baptized. Jeffery was a kid that I taught for a transfer while I was in Tamboril. It was so great to see! 
So yeah its pretty cool to think that I have a year on the mish. The time went by so fast. It kinda makes me nervous that this year will go by faster. I just love it here... But the work is going pretty good. My area is alot harder than my others. We are contacting a lot in the streets which is pretty fun. I love meeting new people and hearing about their lives. The other day we found a golden investigator! It is this young girl that is super chill with everything. She isn't like the other Dominican youth that goes out and party's every night. We shared just a little bit of our message and she was super interested! It was so sweet. I just hope that she keeps on listening and progressing.  
Yesterday we went to a waterfall for pday. It was like a two hour hike to get to the waterfall. I was talking the whole time to another Elder so I never payed attention of how we got there. So after we played for a little we started to come back. I was talking with the other Elder and we just kept on walking down the river... After like 40 minutes of walking we realized that we were not on the same trail we came. Haha the only living thing that was close to us was a few cows. It felt like a dumb and dumber moment. I thought it was so funny that we were lost in some DR mountains. I was so ready to rough it and stay the night. The other Elder was pretty freaked out so he wanted to find anyone to help. After screaming and walking for awhile we found an old guy with his machete. Like a Dominican cowboy. We asked him where the trail was to get back to town was. He said that we were far away...haha but after that all went well we found the trail and made the long walk back. I was kinda bummed that we got back. I just wanted to camp.. It was a great day though. Missions really are so awesome! I love mine so much and wouldn't trade it foe anything. I am so lucky to be out here. I see how much the lord blesses his children.


I love you all so much!
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment