Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oh Dean-o I Will Miss You



Oh Dean-o... Thanks for everything. In small words you have made me a better person.. I have so many great memories of Dean-o that I will never forget. From the great times in Lake Powell on the good ol´houseboat, to the great nights spent up in the Coffey's cabin and to the most cherished of all for me, the sweet moments of chilling on the lake fishing. Dean really was like my second Dad. Ever since day one of the Coffeys moving into the neighborhood, he took me in as a son. I don't think that anyone has a bad memory about Dean. I was over at the Coffey house almost more than I was at my house. In all of the time that I spent over there I never saw Dean in a bad mood. He was always cracking jokes with his distinct chuckle making everyone else laugh. He was such a selfless person. I remember times when Matt and I would beg him to take us out to go fishing knowing that he was busy and had other things to do, he would make time to spend quality time with all of his sons. I could go on for hours writing about how great of a person Dean was. The truth is that his unexpected loss has been extremely hard for me. These have been some of the hardest days for me as a missionary. But I realized something today. Being PDay I had a lot of time to think. Everything that has happened has helped me have more faith in the great Plan of Salvation. We just have to accept the fact that God has a purpose in everyone and in everything.  That for some reason that we don't know in this instant, God needed Dean. I love the Coffey family so much. I wish I was there to be with you all. Just know that everything will be okay. All we have to do now is make him proud with everything that we do in life. Even though I have tripped and fallen, I will get back up and make ol´ Dean-o proud. I will serve and live life just how he did. Happy. I send all of my love to Deb, Ashley, Drew, Matt, Chase, Addy and Cam.. My second family. Lets just follow the big mans example and love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment