Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tough week- Transfer and Chikungunya!



Well after nine months in Nagua, here I am in my new area. I'm in a countryside part of Santiago. Tamboril. This week was super sad for me, being my last week in Nagua and having to say goodbye to all of the people that I loved so much. 

On Sunday I got sick with the new dengue like sickness.... Chikungunya. It was terrible.. My comp got it also. We had to call the bishop to take us to the hospital because we couldn't walk, but... his car was broken. He calls everyone else in the ward who all had cars but they were busy. So we walked to the hospital. For some reason they made us go to the public hospital because it was free... They don't understand there is a reason why the service is free. It was so dirty! I saw blood on the ground, tons of used needles lying around and lots of people dying like me. We waited for like 20 minutes to get checked. Then like last time they just started stabbing me with all of these needles. I freaked out. Everyone was staring at me and laughing at me. After them doing all of these tests and stuff they let me go because the results wouldn't come back until the next day. My comp was in there for about 3 more hours because he had it worse. After the longest wait of my life we finally went home. We walked and I had no energy. I almost fell over like 3 times but the bishop caught me. Then we stayed in the house the whole next day. 

I had planned to go to get my teeth cleaned by American dentists in Puerto Plata, but I was sick. I was bummed because I hat tons of things planned with the members like goodbye party's but couldn't go to any of them. Then yesterday I spent the whole day packing and saying goodbye to all of the people that I could. I am really grateful for the 9 months that I had in Nagua. I am excited for the experiences that await me in the future as well here in Tamboril. My new comps name is Elder Estayul. He is from Guatemala and is from the Mayan tribes that live there. I love and thank you all for everything. 

Love Elder Morgan
At the Medical Clinic
                                                      Saying goodbye to the Bishop



No comments:

Post a Comment