Thursday, April 3, 2014

Baptism and Bacon

 My first Baptism

Well this week was just great! It started off pretty hard but got better. I can now say that I am the type of person that doesn't like change. The mission is full of it... It took me a few days to adapt to how my new comp does things but after that things have been awesome. We have been having tons of success with finding new people and giving them baptism dates. All we can do now is keep on teaching them and hoping that they will stick with it.

Last Saturday I invited all of the street punks to come eat bacon at our house. They said that they had never eaten bacon so I went to the store and bought a ton. We ate and tried to share a message with them but they were more interested in the bacon... haha it was super fun though. 

Saturday night I got to baptize a kid whose dad is a less active. It was my first time baptizing in Spanish so that was pretty cool. We have some members here that are soo amazing. There are at least four older sisters on our ward that have taken me in as their ¨kid¨ They have so much love for the missionary's. We have one member whose name is sandy and she is so funny. She is always super happy and positive. This week she told us that the owner is going to kick her out of her House because she doesn't have any money. She told me that she isn't even worried because she said that the lord is on her side and that it will all work out. She has been a great example to me of a member that endures to the end with faith. 

Sometimes I feel like my mission is going to go in forever, but when I actually look at the things it is teaching me and all of the experiences it is giving me. It wouldn't be that bad being here forever. I love my mission and I love this gospel. I am so excited to hear from the leaders of the Church this weekend. I love you all so much!!
Love Elder Morgan
 Bacon with the street punks.
Lovely Samana

No comments:

Post a Comment