Saturday, April 26, 2014

Calls Himself Jesus....

Jesus

Wazzup..  Well this week has been a good ol crazy week. First off, the baptism that we had planned for last Saturday fell through... Yep we were all ready and waited all night and he never showed up. We found out that a pastor from another church talked him out of it, telling all of these lies about the church. It was a poopy experience. 

This whole week was crazy here. They call it holy week. Its the same as spring break. Everyone is drunk and is just going crazy. Last Saturday there were 28 deaths here. Lots of accidents from dumb people. There is a tradition here to make sweet beans in this week. We ate so much of the stuff. It is so good! Also another weird thing the guys do is they all go buy beta fishes and fight them. All of the adults and kids would always show me their collections of their fishes. Some kid gave me one and I don't know what to do with it. We will see how long it lives. 
Funny story time. So we eat at this members house every day. She makes a ton of food every day.  This one bum named Martin started coming over to eat every day. He comes with his bible every day and preaches to us. He says that he is the reincarnated Jesus Christ. He said that he used to be white with blue eyes when he was younger. He doesn't stop talking about his life as Jesus. We always ask him weird questions and he gives us the weirdest answers. He is usually talking to the walls but we answer back to the weird things that he says. So I guess that I have met Jesus. He is a nice guy. 

We have been having some great success after what happened on Saturday. We went and visited Alexander. He said that he feels really bad about not getting baptized. He still feels like it is what he needs to do. So we put another date and are going to help him get really prepared this time. We also found the pure gold investigator. It is this young girl that I met months ago with Elder Henriquez. Her and her friend wanted to see my eyes... Creepy I know. No but she is legit. We gave here a pamphlet and she read it all and also filled out the extra study pages that no one ever does. She wants to get baptized too. The sad thing is that I probably won't be here by then. I love the thrills of the mission! God works in mysterious ways for sure. It was an overall good week so I ordered some pizza last night. I love this opportunity that I have to help with the lords work! I am so grateful for all of the support at home! I love you all so much!

Luv Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment