Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

November 28, 2013

Well another wonderful fun filled week has past. My comp and I have been super busy lately. The attendance of members going to church is rising every week which is cool to see. We have this one investigator who is just awesome. His name is Leonardo. He is honestly a gold investigator but there is a problem with him and being baptized. We have taught him all of the lessons, he does all of the commitments and goes to church every week. Last week after we taught him about tithing he has been paying ever since. He lives way far out in the country side and sells pigs for a living. Every time he sells one he pays tithing. We told him that he doesn't have to because he is not a member but he just says that its the lords money not his. The thing is he cant be baptized because his wife who he is not married to is married to another man who has been in the US for about 20 years. The two want to get married but it will cost a ton of money to pay for the divorce of his girlfriend and the other dude. They have been together for 17 years now. We are looking for a way to help them pay for the divorce so they can get married and he can get baptized. 

I finally got my first haircut out here in the field. It isn't too bad... The guy who cut it was this super crazy Evangelist dud. While he was cutting our hair he had this preaching radio station playing. He asked if I knew English. I said yes. With much excitement he had a recording of both Spanish and English. He was loco and now I look like G.I. Joehaha all well... 

Every Saturday I teach an English class at the church to whoever wants to attend. Its fun for me to get involved with things like this and to get to know the people better. Last night we had a big party for the ward mission leaders birthday. They had the biggest pot of their notorious DR soup. It is made up of pretty much every kind of meat and vegetable. Dang I left my SD card at my house so I will send some next week. I love my mission and everything that is teaching me about myself and life. I love this church and the things it teaches. Everything about the gospel is to help people have a better and happier life. Happy thanksgiving from paradise! 
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment