Thursday, December 5, 2013

The English Teacher


The weeks are starting to feel like days. I cant believe how fast the time is going bye. Well for all of you who got to stuff yourselves last week be grateful! I had the wonderful opportunity to eat chicken rice and beans... again. It kind of stinks that the DR doesn't celebrate holidays like we do. Thanksgiving was nothing here, but I still had time to think about what I am grateful for. There are countless things that I could think of. Being here where people don't have a lot I have realized all of the things that I took for granted. The number one thing that I am thankful for and miss so much are my family and friends. I love and miss you guys so much. 

We had lots of cool experiences this week. Each week we are having a bigger and bigger turn out to my English class. It is really fun to teach them. We have been working really hard with new people who live far away. We take one day a week to visit people who live at least 45 minutes away in the country side. Two times this week we had people stop us in the street and tell us that they used to be members a long time ago but not any more (as they were sipping their beers) and both of them said that they miss the church and want to try to be reactivated. I don't know how dedicates they are but if they really want to, it is possible. We also have an investigator couple right now who smoke and drink a lot and asked us about the word of wisdom. I could tell that they both want to quit so bad but they just sat that it will be too hard. I know anything is possible with the lords help. They just need to have faith that they can overcome their addiction. 

My Spanish is alright. I have good days and bad days with it. The hard thing for me is conjugating my words. I can practically understand everyone but when I try to speak back sometimes I get mixed up. I know that it just takes time and hard work to receive the gift of tongues. I apologize if none of this is making sense because I think that I am forgetting English... I heard that it snowed a ton back in Utah. It just seems so weird because to me it feels like it is the middle of June and not December...  Haha one last weird thing that happened last night was we were buying empanadas with the ward mission leader, and out of no where there was a frog on my head... Yeah. I don't know how either... haha Well that's my update for this week. I love you all and am so grateful for the opportunity to know every single one of you.
Love Elder Morgan

Frog on my head
Mission comps
I'm driving

No comments:

Post a Comment