Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Crazy Things Now Seem Normal...



Well this week felt like it was a day long. We have been doing lots of work with people that live far away in our area. There are so many crazy evangelists here that don't really know much about the bible. Its funny when they try to bible bash with us because we usually shut them down with their bible. Its weird because I don't know what to write about. All of the things that I thought were crazy are just the norm here so I see it every day. 
This past week there was a death here in Nagua. The funerals here are so crazy. There  are a million people at the house of the person that passed. They just have the coffin in an open area so everyone can go see the body. It is a very sad thing here. Everyone is crying and there are a few crazy Lady's that get a little out of control and people have to hold them down. This makes me so glad that we have the plan of salvation. When someone dies it shouldn't be sad, it is a part of the plan of salvation. We will get to see everyone again. I feel bad for those crazy Lady's here because they think that life ends after death. I am not saying that death is awesome and that everyone should go try and kill themselves. I'm just saying that everyone will die at some point in time but It is all part of the wonderful plan of happiness. 
I had a cool experience this last weekend. We had the chance to visit a small city about an hour away from here because we had a member who had 42 references for us. He is a teacher who teaches about the gospel after his classes. We went and shared our purpose and a little about the gospel and gave out BOMs. I really hope that our visit will spark something in someone there. 
The Spanish is still coming but slow. It is difficult because the way that the sentences are structured is different and all of the stinkin conjugations. It is a great test of patience and focus. Sometimes I get down and sad but then I realize why I am out here and who I am here for. God really does answer prayers. It might not be exactly how we think they will be answered but we all know that God works in mysterious ways. I am so glad for this opportunity to be here to help others. I am learning so much everyday. I love and miss you all so much. I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season with snow... 
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment