Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Elder Bieber?



Well it has been another great week here in paradise. Twas my birthday on Saturday and it was a pretty awesome day. We just taught normal lessons during the day but one of the investigators house is way far away. We usually take a Guagua (piece o crap taxi) to his house but we didn't have any money to get there so we just rode the bishops motorcycle there instead. It was probably about a 45 minute ride.   By the time we got there my butt was dead. During the ride I realizes how pretty Nagua really is. Everything is so green and big. The mountains here aren't the same but are just as sick in a different way. 
After we got back we had a baptism of two 8 year old kids. One of the dads was running way late and they were going to have me baptise one of the kids but he made it just in time. That's a good thing for me because I don't know the baptism prayer in Spanish yet. 
Then later that night I had two surprise birthday parties. One by the Bishop's family, because it was also the bishop's wife and son's birthday.They had three cakes made for us. It was a sweet party. Then later I thought that we had one more lesson but it was a surprise party at one of our investigator's houses. It was an awesome day!
 The rest of this week has been normal for the DR. Everyday I see things that would be crazy in the States but is totally normal here. A funny thing that has been happening lately is that everyone thinks that I look like Justin Beiber. He is way big here, so just because I'm white and sexy people think that I am JB. What the crap! The bishops wife just calls me Justin... 
It has been raining like crazy the past couple of days. Every time we go out I forget my umbrella so I get soaked. I have a hard time sleeping at night because the thunder, barking dogs, and freaking roosters. The roosters here suck because they think that the sun is rising at 2am. 
I have been teaching a lot of lessons lately so I guess that I am progressing in the language. As I have always said, the people here are awesome! They are so loving and caring even though they don't really know me. I have learned a lot about life out here. Lots of these people out here have pretty crappy lives and its not because of anything that they have done.  Bad things happen to good people but everything happens for a reason. We might not know why it is happening at the time, but Heavenly Father knows us better than we do. He is all knowing so everything that happens for a purpose. Life isn't always fair and that is why we need the gospel in our lives. No matter who you are, you can be saved and live with your family for eternity if you follow his commandments and the words of the prophets. I have been so blessed in my life and I am so grateful for it. I miss you all!!


Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment