Sunday, October 20, 2013

Small Spaces and Beautiful Places..

Well, this week was hard but wonderful. Change is a very hard thing. A mission helps you learn how to move on from things that you don't need to dwell on. Haha... One of the biggest changes that I made in the past week was getting used to where I live. At first I thought that the MTC was a piece of crap. I soon realized that I was living in the Garden of Eden... Where I live, in reality is pretty awesome. I have a great view of palm trees and rusty roof tops. I wake up every day and get to see a picture perfect sunrise.
My companion is a great guy. I have learned so much from him in only one week. Yes it is hard with him not knowing any English but, it is forcing me to learn Spanish so its a good thing. 
I would say that my biggest struggle right now is the Spanish. It is hard because I can't tell people what I want to when we are teaching lessons. I usually just sit and listen because I can understand most of what they say. I just don't know what to say back to them. 
The people here are amazing! They are all so humble and caring. They are all starting to get used to a skinny white boy from America that barely knows Spanish. I am getting close with lots of them. The bishop and his family do so much for us.
Want to hear something crazy-- There are 35,000 members in the DR only 5000 of them are active... So the work that we usually do is try to reactivate those members. We still have tons of investigators though. I had someone accept my baptism question this past week. I was stoked! We also have a couple that is getting baptized on the 26th of this month. The day of my birthday! Pretty cool birthday present huh! I think that we will get to do it in the ocean. 
Everyday here is an adventure. Everyday I eat at least 20 tropical fruits. We have coconut milk at least once a day and make fruit smoothies. I am starting to see how much missions bless lives. I know that I have only started but I know that my life is going to change for the better. I love and miss you all!! 

Love, Elder Morgan




No comments:

Post a Comment