Thursday, October 3, 2013

COCONUTS..of sorts



Wow! I Love hearing about how everyone is doing. Don't worry about the Dear Elders anymore. I cant receive them when I am in the field. I can't believe that I go out on Tuesday! 

The main thing that I do for exercise is play ultimate Frisbee. It is super fun and aggressive. Thanks for sending the package!  I also ripped a pair of my pants... Oh well.

Anyways Wow.. this last week was wonderful tons happened so I will just tell you about a few things.  Last Friday we had the chance to go tracting with the Santo Domingo East missionary's. It took us awhile to get to the place where we were meeting the other elders. We all got split up and received new companions for the day. I was lucky because my companionship had three guys in it. Me, Elder Farnsworth, and Elder Matin. Elder Matin was a 24 year old missionary from Mexico who has been out for 14 months. I think that it is safe to say that he is probably one of the goofiest guys that I have ever met. Anyways we walked over to our area from where they dropped us off. I honestly could not believe some of the things that i saw. Everything was so dirty. There were people selling raw chicken with swarms of flies on them. i was told that the area that i was sent to was the poorest part of the DR. We taught a lady who lived in a tin shed half the size of our 2 car garage, with her 4 kids. The ground was pure garbage. There are tons of stray dogs and chickens walking around eating all of the garbage. Someone told me that most of the dogs were rabid so that sucks if you get bit. 

One of the weirder things that I say and apparently happens a lot is when we were in the middle of our lesson with this lady and randomly out of no where she whipped out her "thang" and started breast feeding her baby. This continued the whole lesson. It actually wasn't too awkward but still a little weird. I just couldn't believe that people could actually survive in these living conditions! We taught a few more lessons that night. The people here are soo awesome and humble. It was such an awesome experience. I am stoked because we get to go out again tomorrow.

 Another awesome thing that happened is, this whole time that i have been here I have wanted to get a coconut from one of the temple's trees. One night when we were on a temple walk I found one that had fallen off. HAHA it literally took 9 guys and about an hour to get it open. We had to shred it apart with our hands. I don't know why I am telling you this but it was one of the most epic things ever. 

The elders here really are so great. Some of us have had lots of fun pranking each other. Everyone says that a mission is what you make of it. Some of the missionary's take the exact obedience thing way to far and make their time here miserable. They just need to chill. I have had tons of spiritual experiences here and am so great full for this opportunity to be here. 

I can't wait to watch conference and actually listen to all of the talks for once in my life. I just wanted to share my testimony that i know that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. There is no way that a 14 year old kid would lie about having a vision and would take so much persecution. Joseph Smith gave his life for the true gospel of Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of god and contains answers to any questions that we may have. I know that if we are faithful to the church and endure to the end, we can all live with our families in God's presence for eternity. I love my family more than anything in this world and would do anything for them. Life is wonderful if you follow Christ. I might not get to email for awhile because i will going into the field on Tuesday. I love you all so much!
Peace and Love
<3 Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment