Thursday, October 10, 2013

I am learning new things about myself every day..

 Nagua, DR
 Elder Morgan's new companion.

Holla Holla! well it has been one of the craziest weeks of my life. It was a fun last week at the mtc. It is sad to think that I won't be able to go to a temple for the next two years. It sucked leaving because I had to say goodbye to all of the people that I was friends with there. First they make me say goodbye to my real family, then they make me say goodbye to my MTC family. I will miss all of the wonderful people that I met there. 

I am finally out in the field and it is loco! I am in a small town on the beach called Nagua. It is super hot and humid here but its alright because I'm not a baby.. It literally took us the whole day to drive from Santiago to Nagua. We crammed 10 missionaries in a minivan and drove for about 2 hours. Then we were dropped off at a bus station and waited all day for a ride out. My new companion's name is Elder H..... He is from here and speaks about 0% English... Its good for me though because I will learn the Spanish a lot faster. 

Santiago was great! I met my mission parents and they are the most wonderful people ever. The mission home was super nice. Today is my first full day as a real missionary. It is kind of funny because all of the people stare at me like I have boogers on my face but I think its just because I am white... haha. 

So much has happened this past week that there is no way I can write it all but last night after I arrived here we went out and taught a few lessons and had a ward FHE meeting thing. My apartment is pretty dang small but it could be worse. At least I have power and running water unlike some of the other missionaries here. 

I am pretty nervous here because this is the start of my real life. This is the first time that I have to make my own food, clean my room, unclog the toilet and lots of other things that mom used to do for me. To be honest I kind of like this simple life style. You learn to live poor here and its kind of fun. I am learning new things about myself every day. Missions are hard but they are well worth all of the sacrifices. I know that my journey has just begun but I know that the lord will help me when I need it. My new day for P'Day is Wednesday. If you want to send me letters, send it to this address.

I miss you all like crazy!! The church is TRUE!!
Love Elder Morgan


Elder Parker Morgan
 Y PARA CARTAS 
SDQ 8013    
P.O.    BOX 025725      
MIAMI, FL      33102-5725.

No comments:

Post a Comment