Sunday, September 29, 2013

CCM WEEK QUATRO

Well its been a great week here in the CCM. Time seriously goes by so fast here. It seems like last P-Day was yesterday. Not much happened here this last week. I had a chance to go contacting at the college again last Friday. We found the same people from two weeks ago and talked to them again. I didn't really like it because the girl that I talked to wanted to bible bash the whole time... I even answered her question about our church in her bible but she wouldn't accept the fact that I was right. I think that the reason that I didn't like it was because the spirit wasn't there. There was no way that I was going to change her mind so I felt like I just wasted my time.

Anyways I don't know if I already said this but Sundays are my favorite days here. The whole day is a spiritual recharge from a busy week of studying. We always have a doctrine class then watch a Quorum of the Twelve devotional. Those are awesome! After all of that we get to go on a temple walk and eat ice cream. The temple dang is so pretty at night. We all just got back from doing temple work. I think that I am going to miss the temple a ton when I am out in the field.

We got to go to the store again on Tuesday. I spent $1860 Pesos on all of my crap. Everything is super cheap here except the American brand candies. Its like ten bucks for a bag of Twixs!!! Its alright because I love the Dominican candy anyways.

On Tuesday the group of missionary's going to Haiti left. They were the funniest guys. I swear that they were laughing the whole time that they were here. We got another group of North American kids last Thursday. They are all pretty cool guys. It is sad because one of the kids already went home because he was too homesick. I'm glad that that wasn't me!!

The Spanish is still coming alright. I'm not stressing because I know that I am not going to learn it all in the CCM. I know that it will come in the field. Speaking of the field, it is crazy to think that I will be out there in less than two weeks! Tomorrow we get to go on splits with real missionary's and go trackting. I am super excited to see what real mission work will be like.

 I still am having some down moments but that happens with every missionary. I think the reason why I get down is because when you spend all of your time in the MTC it doesn't really feel like you are a missionary. When I pictured myself as a missionary before I came I never thought of what the MTC would be like. Its alright though because without the MTC I wouldn't even be able to be a missionary.

I love talking about my mission to people that live here. They always say that the East and West missions are way hot and sketchy, then I ask them about Santiago and they say that it is the best place on the island. They say that it is cooler and nicer than other places. It also has mountains so I'm happy for those!

I want everyone to know that I miss them and that I love getting their Dear Elders and emails. I hope that you are all enjoying freezing your buts off in Utah while I am living in paradise.... haha suckas.

Love Elder P-Dawg Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment