Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 1 of the CCM (DR MTC)

I cant believe that it has already been over a week since I left home! In some ways it feels way fast and in others it feels pretty slow. It was a big change in lifestyle from living "the life" and then coming here. It took a little time for me to get used to getting up early for the day. This MTC is really small and really different than the Provo MTC. It is pretty much a hallway.  It is just a plain four story building. It also kind of feels like a prison in a way because we can't leave at all. I just want to go outside of the walls and see the city and how crazy it is. As you know, I am used to staying out until 3 and sleeping in until 12... but I kind of like getting up early. The food here is alright but im not a picky eater so I eat all of it. We usually have rice and beans for lunch and then lots of other random stuff. My comp is a six foot six kid. He is pretty cool but he complains about a lot of stuff and only talks about how he misses home.. so it is kind of annoying but its alright. The spanish is coming really good. I feel that I have learned more in the last week than I did in the two years that I took it in school. I know that I am not learning it alone. The spirit really has an influence on how much I learn each day. The days that it is strong I learn a lot and can speak a lot. The days that it isn't with us I can't learn anything. There are lots of amazing missionarys here with me in the MTC. I love all of the latinos here because thay are way nice and want to help you learn Spanish. There have been so many stories about the DR that are getting me pumped to go into the feild. Everyday I have amazing spiritual experiances here and everyday my testimony gets stronger. I Really do love you guys so much and miss you all more than anything! I really wish that I could just talk to one of you right now but I guess that we will just have to wait until Christmas.  I know that this is where I am supposed to be in life and I am loving it!! I love you all so much!!
Love
             your son
                                 Parker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment