Thursday, September 12, 2013

Week Dose of the MTC


       What up Family! It has been one crazy week here in the MTC. It has been a rollercoaster.  On Tuesday we finally got to leave the MTC grounds and walk to the store. It was really eye opening for me and showed me just how good I had it back at home. I bought lots snacks, office supplies, speakers and lots of other random stuff. The money exchange here is $1 u.s. dollar for $42 pesos. The walk over to the store was sooooooooooooooo dang hot! It was a ten minute walk and by the time we got there everyone was drenched with sweat...
        Last week after I wrote everyone I started to get homesick. P-Day was pretty depressing. After I got done e-mailing everyone i had all day to think about my wonderful life in Utah. Friday and Saturay were probably two of the hardest and saddest days of my life. I was so depressed both of those days. I couldn't even function. Everytime I thought of a family member or of a friend I would just remember all of the great memories that I had with them and would just get more depressed. I felt so alone. I even had the terrible thought of coming home but that went away quickly. I read tons of uplifting scriptures and prayed super hard that the lord would help me get through this hard time. Sure enough God answered my prayers and helped me get over it. I woke up Sunday morning feeling happy and refreshed. I was so grateful to be on my mission here in the DR.  I just thought to myself that my family and friends are just fine at home. The people here in the DR need me more than they do. I am just trying to forget myself and all of the things that I want and focus on serving and helping others. I have learned to love the MTC. Instead of being so negative I am trying to be positive with everything.
      This is the e-mail that you have probably been waiting to recieve from me for 18 years. I just want to start by saying how thankful I am for you and Dad. I took you and everything that you guys did for me for granted.. You know what they say "you dont know what you've got until its gone" that is very true. I truly am grateful for both of you and love and miss you both so much. Second I just want the girls to know that I love and miss them more than they will ever know. I hope that we can get close with letters and emails.
        I know that missions are two of the hardest years of your life but also two of the best. I am loving every minute of this journey and I am meeting some amazing people on the way. My new favorite scripture is Mosiah 23:10. Let everyone know that I am doing awesome and that I love them. Please send lots of dear elders as well because I get them quicker. The church is true and i love you all so very much. Peace out.

Elder Morgan





No comments:

Post a Comment