Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 3 of the MTC





Hola mi familia! 

It has been a great week for me. On Friday we all got to go contacting at the local college. It was the second time that we have been able to leave the MTC and see the real DR. It seriously is madness out there! The driving is crazy and there are no cross walks so we just say a little prayer in our heads and just start walking across and hope we don't get hit... You see some pretty crazy things just by walking down the street. 

Anyways I had an amazing experience at the college. We all split up when we got there and were supposed to find people to talk to. Me and my companion were walking for awhile and didn't know what to do or who to talk to. I just had a feeling that we needed to stop and sit on some near by steps to figure out what we were going to do. About 10 seconds after we sat down, some random guy started to talk to us. We introduced ourselves and started to tell him a little bit about our church and the Book of Mormon. While we were talking to this guy a girl randomly walked up to me and asks for a B.O.M.  I quickly said yes and gave her one out of my bag. I asked her how she knew about our church and she said that she has read a lot about our church and had some questions so she wanted to read the B.O.M. I was so happy! After talking to her for awhile she had to go to class so she left. After that we talked to the guy some more about the Book of Mormon. We showed him the last two paragraphs of the introduction of the B.O.M. we gave him the book and challenged him to read it. The spirit was so strong the whole time and we could just tell that he was interested. We get to go back again tomorrow so i hope that we will see him again and possibly teach him more. 

I just cant wait to get out in the field and teach people like that every day. The Spanish is coming slowly but surely. I love you all and miss you too! I love the emails so keep them coming! 

Love Elder Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment