Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Saying Final Goodbye to Naugua




Heyo! Well, it is so crazy to think that after today I will only get to write only two more times.. Crazy. This past week was awesome. My companion, Elder Cabrero and I are super good friends.  It is weird but he has been my only American comp in the mission field.  We are working like crazy. At the end of a missionary's mission, the missionary either dies, which means they just don't work and sit at home thinking about home.. Or there is the missionary who is alive who works harder than ever before. I am proud to say that I am very alive. We have a few investigators who are progressing a lot. I know that I probably won't be here to see them get baptised, but I at least want to prepare this area as much as I can before I leave. 
Everything is going good. Wednesday was a bittersweet day for me. Elder Quesenberry and I went down to our first area, Nagua, to say our goodbyes. It was so great to see all of these people that I hadn't seen for over 14 months. Our time there was super short because we had to be back in Puerto Plata before 6 so we only were there for about 6 hours... It sucked because there were so many people that I wanted to see but didn't have the time to see them. Sister Dulce who was pretty much my mom cooked enough food to feed an army just for us two missionaries... She made rice, chicken, beans, spaghetti, avocado, bananas, salad, a 2 liter of natural cherry juice, and another 2 liter of sprite.... soooo much. No wonder I got fat in Nagua... haha But it was fun walking down memory lane with Quesenberry. We remembered all of our firsts. Our first lesson, our first dinner, our first shop where we bought our food. Two years has gone by super fast and in these last few weeks of me preparing to come back to the real word, it will all be bittersweet. I love the mission and all of the many things that I have seen and learned. I am so blessed in every aspect of my life and I have no idea why. I love you all and will see you soon!
Luv Elder Morgan




No comments:

Post a Comment