Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My First and Last American Companion

July 16, 2015


Well, only four weeks left.. Today was transfers and we found out that yesterday that my companion was changing areas. We were both pretty surprised because he only had about 2 months here. But we both know that wherever that we are sent to serve that is where the lord wants us to be. 
Now I am with my new and last companion. His name is Elder Cabrerro and is my first American companion. We have only been together for a few hours and are already good bros. He is from Cali so you can tell by that that he is a chill kid. I learned a lot from my last companion and am grateful for the time that we had together. 
This week was a pretty normal one. We are trying to work hard with the less actives that we have and also with our investigators. But at the end of it all you have to respect the person's agency and not force it. 
The American dentist came back this week so we have been helping them out again with translation and other things. It is so awesome for me to see people like these dentists who have plenty and come down here to share with the needy. I really hope that in my life I can also do the same and follow their example. One of the great powers is putting Jesus Christ as our perfect example. We start to always focus on others and not ourselves. Sometimes it is hard to be selfless sometimes but that is the great test, to fight and control the natural man. 
Well, again I feel like my battery has been recharged one last time so I can just go all out and give it my all these last four weeks. I know that this gospel changes the lives of the willing and humble. I love you all so much.
Luv Elder Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment