Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"Aren't We All Beggars" Elder Jeffrey R Holland

June 24th, 2015



Heyyo! I want to start out by saying, Happy late Father's, Day Pap! Thanks for everything that you have done for me in my life. I love you and will always look up to you as my best example. 

This week was a pretty good one. We have been doing lots of splits with the missionaries in our zone to get to know them better and to help them out with whatever they need. Last Thursday we did one of the coolest services that I have done on the mission. As a zone, we went to a disabled children's care home. I didn't really think much of it before we left but when we got there I was so humbled by what I saw and heard. The director of the home said that there were 32 kids who were in the home. About 30 have disabilities so severe that they can't communicate. We went over to where they were and got to go interact with them for about an hour. Some of them would smile as you talk to them. Others were just sleeping. It was sad to see them in such poor conditions. It was super hot, there were flies that were flying all over their faces and some were just laying on the floor. It made me really think about life for a second. I really want to live my life so that I can help others. They told us that a few weeks ago that 2 of the residents had passed away. We spent the rest of the time counting diapers and doing an inventory on food and other supplies. 

We have also had a good week with finding some new people. This Sunday a less active family that we have been working super hard with came to church. I was soo happy to see them there! I just hope that they can keep on coming to church. We celebrated a birthday of a super sweet member last night. She turned 69 years old. Also yesterday when we were eating lunch we randomly saw a huge cloud of super black smoke. We ran over and saw that A wooden house had caught on fire. There were so many Dominicans with their phones  out filming. I just had to join them... haha I got a good selfie. 

Well this was pretty much my week. I love you all so much!
Luv Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment