Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Change For The Better


Well as always another great/fast week has gone by. There are so many things that are going on in the mission. We are all getting ready and preparing everything for the arrival of the new mission President.

Last night might have been the last time I will see President Douglas here in the DR. I have been lucky to have been a Zone leader in this time of my mission because I have been able to form a good relationship with him. I have learned more about him and Sister Douglas. They really are one of the most amazing couples that I have met. They are such good examples to all of us here and just want to do good in the world. I love them both. 


Now that my mission is coming to an end I have been thinking about all of the blessings I have received, the things I have learned, and the people that I have met. The thing that surprises me the most would be how much that I have changed. I remember always saying before the mission that I wasn't going to change and that I was going to come back the same
person. For me looking back at the person I was in the MTC and the person I am right now I can say that I am a different person. I have changed for the better. I'm not saying that I am perfect or ever will be, or that I will never argue with my sisters or parents again. Or that you will never see me cliff jumping naked at Lake Powell again... haha okay maybe..  The thing is that the mission has shown me and given me a greater appreciation for everything that I have in life. I hate to admit it, but I love my family so much more than I did before the mission. We have all been blinded and have taken everything for granted in our lives. I am so grateful for all of these things that I have learned. I know that I don't have that much time left but am going to live every minute up. This week we have been able to find some new investigators. It is really tough for us to find new people to teach because people are pretty hard here with their Catholic beliefs. 


Today we hiked up the Puerto Plata mountain. It made me miss little cottonwood canyon.. haha but it was awesome. I love this gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I love you all so much!
HAGS!!
Luv Elder Morgan




No comments:

Post a Comment