Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Where the Ocean Touches the Sky...

 March 4, 2015


Well, the first thing that I want to say is that Puerto Plata is soo coool! Haha just in the first week I have met some of the coolest people and visited cool places. Also all of the missionaries in my zone are super fun. 

Well one of the things that I have never seen in my life that I happened to see a few days ago was that we went to visit a less active family house to teach them. The Dad is a harpoon fisherman. When we were there I saw a turtle sitting in a bucket. I thought that it was just their pet. Then I asked why they had it in the bucket. He told me that they were going to kill it and cook it for a heard disease remedy... I thought wow.. thinking that they were going to kill it in the future. But as we were sitting down talking to them, one of the sons brings out a pot of boiling water and yelled "Dad I'm ready to kill it now" ... and so right there and then the dad pics up the turtle and threw it in the pot... You can all imagine how it ended... I was just laughing the whole time because it was the most random thing that I have ever seen.. haha

Today was a super awesome day because we rode the cable car to the top of the mountain in Puerto Plata.. It was so sick. I could see where the ocean touches the sky.. there is also this cool Jesus statue. It was just the coolest thing ever. Well I feel that I have been blessed to have been sent up here. I love this country even though is it one of the craziest in the world. I love my mission and I love the gospel. I also love each one of you!
Luv Elder Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment