Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ask God with Real Intent..


What up?! Today was probably one of the sickest pdays that I will have on my mission. President Douglas gave is permission to go down to Samana again but this time we got to go Zip lining!!! It was so chill!! A less active from Idaho owns it so he let us go for free. It was deep in the jungly mountains and was so high off the ground. There were 13 lines then at the end there was a river with a cool rope swing into the water. All of the workers there were crazy Dominicans. One of them was telling me that after I am done zip lining, that I should go buy a drink called Mama Juana at the bar. He told me that it it is bad for single people because children are made after you drink it. A weird/ funny sales pitch I had to tell him that I am a missionary and cant drink that crap. The owner dude is living the dream life! He just started the whole thing like four years ago but it is so legit! He has also made tree houses and hammock beds that you can rent for the night. Then after zip lining he took us to this beach that was like the most beautiful thing that I have seen! The beach that was right next to the one we were at was owned by Shakira. I wanted to go over there to see if she was there, but there were big rocks blocking it.   If anyone wants the adventure of a lifetime you need to go there! Its called like Samana zip lining or something. I really have the sickest mission in the world. 

So it has been another good week in here Nagua. We are still teaching all of these new people that we have found in the last month. Some of them have real potential. It is pretty difficult here to convert the Catholics. They are all crazy strong in what they believe because everyone here is Catholic. But the problem is, is they don't really know much about their religion or the bible. So it is hard introducing something new to them like the Book of Mormon. It is so true that God prepares people to receive his word. It is just hard to be patient sometimes with them. That is one of the great blessings of serving a mission, all of the little things that it teaches you that will benefit you for the rest of your life. I have already felt that I have changed into a better person in such a short amount of time. If any of you are thinking about serving a mission, ask God with real intention to know what you should do. I did, and got my answer clear as can be.I love my mission and I love the Gospel! I also love you all so much!

Love, Elder Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment