Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wasps...



Well one again I am writing super late in the week because of sucky power. IDK why but these past few months the power has been going out a ton here. All well... just don't take power for granted!!! We got to do some fun and crazy service this past week. My comp and I got to go with some members who own some land in the Banao mountains. The mountains here are super cool but very different than the ones we have at home. Everything is pure green on the mountains here. When we were hiking up it felt that I was an a tropical jungle with all of the birds chirping. We went to help gather up all of the fruits and vegetables they have growing there. His land had so much vegetation! The whole day we made super good fresh squeezed orange juice. I got stung by a dang  black Dominican wasp when I was up in a tree picking guanabanas. I freaked out like a little girl and almost fell out of the tree. All of the other guys were staring at me like I was a little princess who broke a nail. It freakin hurt though! As soon as I got down from the tree one of the guys had his pants half way down and told my to hold still... Yeah he tried to pee on my leg.. I kept on hopping around trying to do my best to stay away from this guy. He ended up peeing in a cup and dripped a few drops on the sting because he said that the venom of these wasps is very strong. My leg was swollen, numb and smelt like pee for the rest of the day. 
I also had my first Wendy's in six months and shaved one whole leg and stripes in the other because I was bored on Pday... yolo...not. In all honesty this week has been a very good and successful week with the missionary work but also one of the hardest weeks that I have had emotionally.We have found tons of new people to teach in such a short amount of time. Heavenly Father has really been answering mine any companions prayers. it seems that everyone that we have found in the past two weeks have lots of desire to know more. I have great faith and hope that they will keep on having us visit with them. Hearing about what happened last week to the amazing Trudy Budge really put me in a funk. Trudy Budge was truly the most Christlike person that I have ever known. She was practically my other mom growing up. I have so many memories of her turning boring or normal situations in to very fun and unforgettable memories. I feel like she has always been the greatest example to everyone, and has always had a positive attitude about everything in life. I have been so blessed in life by her and her family. I love the Budge family so much and know that they will all be strong through this. I know that God answers all of our prayers if we just have a little drop of faith. I love my mission and all of the great adventures I am having. I live my family and know that we can be together forever. I love you all!
Love Elder Morgan

 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment