Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fasting With Faith Really Does Work



I had a very eventful week  these past seven days. As always we had our English class on Saturday. It is full of little girls of our ward. Sunday we had super good attendance in church so I was pumped about that. We also got three really good references as well. I have been praying for something like this to happen for awhile. Fasting with faith really does work! I think that this was the first time in my life that I actually fasted with faith. All of the other times I think I was just starving myself without much meaning. Pretty dumb huh?
Anyways then on Tuesday I went to the farmers market to go get a Duck to eat. They didn't have any so then we just got a rooster instead. If you have ever seen rush hour 2 it was just like when the crazy Asian lady is trying to sell the chicken to the dude with a knife in her hand ready to cut its head off. Right when we came up to them they went and grabbed two live roosters out of the cage slit their throats, defeathered them and gutted them in less than five minutes. 
Anyways this past Wednesday we got to go to Samana again. This time there was a huge cruise boat that was full of white people. It was so weird seeing so many people the same color as me. It was so nice to talk to people in English, but I'm not going to lie, my social skills in English suck! It was fun though. We met an elderly couple earlier this week who were ex mission presidents of the Columbia mission. They live in Samana for the winter in a private condo on the beach. We went there and ate lunch. It was the coolest thing!. I am going to miss the beach when I get transferred. Transfers are this next Wednesday. I don't thing that I will be transfers out this time. I bet I will stay for one more. Lots of other great things happened this week but I am way to lazy to tell them. Sorry, you'll just have to wait until I get back to hear them. Well that's it for this week. I love my mission and this gospel that we have! I miss you all!

Love, Elder Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment