Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Feliz Navidad and Happy New Year



Wow where do I begin? What a crazy few weeks it has been. I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season full of love, fun, family and snow... First of all I want to thank everyone who sent me a little care package or letter. It made my day when I got to open all of them. Two days before Christmas we got to go around to every members house and sing Christmas Hymns. Its a shame that I don't have the voice of Justin Bieber... My Christmas here was different but good. It was a wonderful privilege being able to talk to my family on Christmas day. There were tons of party's on the streets and a happy atmosphere. The only thing that I wish I could have had was a white Christmas haha. But instead I got a warm blue sky Christmas. That night it was like thanksgiving. We went to the ward mission leaders house and feasted. There were lots of weird traditional food that they had made. Most of it was delicious. 

We had kind of a lazy week of work. It was hard to make appointments with all of our investigators because most of them had left town to be with their families. So my comp and I just visited members to see how they were all doing. We went and partied at the grandparents house of the ward mission leader. His grandpa it the funniest guy. He is strait crazy! He has no teeth, four toes in total and has a catheter. Yeah he showed me it... all of it.....OUCH! And his grandmother is the most caring person that I have met down here. She was always asking if we were doing okay. It was a great and memorable night. 

Then last night was new years of course. I was so dead tired from not getting any sleep from the night before that I went to bed early and slept through it. I am finally done with my training and today is the first day of a new transfer. I am still with Elder Henriquez which is chill but we are getting two new missionary's in our house today. yay.. IDK how it is going to workout because our house is pretty small. Anyways that is my short update for these past weeks. I love my mission more and more every week. I am so lucky to have this gospel in my life. I know that family's can be together forever and that is just the sickest thing ever!! I love you all!


Love Elder Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment