Friday, November 15, 2013

Nagua, a little part of Heaven...



Well I had another wonderful week here in Paradise. Saturday was pretty sweet because other missionary's in out district had a baptism at the beach. Seriously one of the sickest things that I have ever seen. It was one of those times in life where you think about how beautiful the earth is and all of Gods creations. I hope that we will get to do that soon. We are supposed to have a baptism this Saturday of that couple we have been teaching. They were married yesterday so now they can finally get baptised. Tonight we are having a little party for them because they don't have enough money to have any kind of celebration by themselves. 

The work here in Nagua is coming pretty slow. It is really frustrating sometimes when things don't go as planned. The ward right now is really weak. Lots of the members don't pay tithing anymore because their old bishop was stealing that money and using it for himself. Lots of members do not sustain the bishop that they have right now which is sad. I don't know why because he is a great guy. It stinks! I also wish that we had more investigators. We don't have that many people to teach right now so I want to go out and find some new ones. My comp doesn't really like to go contacting but that is what we need to do. 

Everyone here already has their Christmas stuff up. Every house has little lights hanging out of their window. Its weird for me because it still feels like summer. It doesn't seem that Christmas is in a month. Every single day is the temperature is perfect which is super nice. 

So I started to read this book called ´´ The Miracle of Forgiveness´´ Wow! That book is life changing! It makes you think about the gospel and the atonement in depth. It makes me want to be the best person I can be. I think it is a book that everyone should read. 

Remember how I said that there were strikes going on in other towns? Well it is now here in Nagua. The streets are filled with rocks and glass bottles for people to throw at the cops. All of the stores are closed so that sucks for us. 

We went to Santiago again for another meeting. My comp and I went and took pics at the Monument. The DR is a wonderful place but it does have its cons. I would say that one of the worst things here is the peoples breath... haha I know it sounds weird but every single person has the same bad breath smell. I think that it is because most of them have rotten teeth. The soda here is super cheep, its even cheaper than water. Its really unhealthy because it is loaded with sugar. Therefore when people only drink sugar and don't brush their teeth they get cavities that smell bad. Haha. But that still doesn't change how great they are. I wish that everyone in America were as humble as the people here. Well my time is up.I love my mission and how it is changing me into a better person. I miss everyone so much! Thanks for everything!!






Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment